6 financial challenges ODs will face in 2017
With a new year comes new challenges.
So to gauge what the new year will bring, we asked experts to weigh in on what challenges they expect optometrists to face in 2017.
Optometry Times Editorial Advisory Board members John Rumpakis, OD, MBA, and Carl Spear, OD, MBA, FAAO, were joined by Bryan Rogoff, OD, MBA, CPHM, founder and consultant at EyeExec Consulting and president of the Maryland Optometric Association.
They identified six financial challenges for ODs in 2017:
• Legislative changes
• Fate of the Affordable Care Act (ACA)
• Increased online disruption
• Cost challenges for providing services
• Consolidation, consolidation, consolidation
• Managed vision care (MVC) plans